The first thing I want to share with you today is that if you have previously tried to make it in property and didn’t succeed, it’s ok. Don’t give up, just try again😊 But this time prepare yourself for success. And if you have been too fearful to get started in Property, I want you to know that Fear is False evidence Appearing Real! So that means now is the time for you to get started in Property.
As we get into today’s topic it’s important to know the meaning of the word Career. Let’s look at what the English dictionary says to better understand the meaning of Career.
Career = an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person’s life and with opportunities for progress. In property your goal should be to progress and achieve your financial goals.
Occupation= a job/profession. Profession= a paid occupation, especially one that involves prolonged training and a formal qualification.
Job= 1. a paid position of regular employment.
2. a task or piece of work, especially one that is paid. Ensure that you invest in property to get paid by your deals every month.
1. occupation, business, job, line of work, line the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money
1. career, calling, vocation the particular occupation for which you are trained. Find a property coach as one of the ways to train yourself in the area of property investing.
Most people want to be successful in their chosen career isn’t that so? It’s also important to know that you can have more than one Career, so your job/profession today could be one career being pursued and then Property Investing could be your second or third Career being pursued.
So what does it take to become successful in Property Investing. In my experience, its firstly being relentless in your pursuit of achieving your Dreams and your goals. And it involves building your character, you want to ensure that your character will be ready for the success that is coming and this is a process.
And then secondly, its developing habits that will help you succeed.
- Let’s look at the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Stephen Covey) that I have adapted to Property Investing.
- Be Proactive- No action, no money. If you don’t take action, you will not achieve your financial goals. And sometimes this means, doing things that you have never done before or just doing more.
- Begin with the end in mind– what are your Dreams and your goals? Can you see your future? Remember property investment is just a vehicle to help you achieve your financial goals.
- Put first things first– what is the one thing that you can do today to move you one step closer your goal/dream, e.g. read articles on the property market, analyse your property investment area/s, build your property network.
- Seek to understand- Robert Kiyosaki says that Knowledge is Money. Educate yourself in the area of property investing, i.e. read books, attend training, etc. Find a property coach.
- Think Win/Win refers to you winning, as well as your Power Team (PT) , i.e. your team of property professionals and experts that you work with.And I am sure by now you all know what a PT is, right?:-) Every strong Investor needs a strong PT. In Property there is no room to be selfish if you want to succeed. Someone once told me that it is better to have 50% of something than have 0 of a 100%
- Synergise- it’s means leveraging creative finance and creative strategies to get into deals. It also includes stretching yourself beyond your comfort zone. And remember our comfort zones=our income zones. Surround yourself with successful people, who constantly challenge you.
- Sharpen the saw- look after your health, mental, social and spiritual wellbeing. In my coaching programme we talk about the wheel of life which really means that if your life is not balanced, it will affect your property investing. We also focus on how to work towards obtaining balance in your life.
Property Investors have one thing in mind, we don’t quit, we keep going and we never give up!