As I was preparing to write this article, I was reminded of how important Mindset and Purpose is when pursuing financial success and wealth creation.
In this article I will focus on Mindset.
Building our wealth starts with our Mindset first before anything else.
You may ask what is Mindset? Your Mindset is rooted in your experiences, education, and culture from which you form thoughts which establish beliefs and attitudes. Those thoughts, beliefs, and attitudes lead to certain actions and with those actions you have experiences. Those experiences give your mind new information to process. In simple terms, our Mindset is our way of thinking and this way of thinking will give birth to certain experiences and manifestations in our lives. Proverbs 23:7 teaches us that, “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.
So if I had to look at any of your lives today, I would know exactly what your thinking is, because our lives are a manifestation of our thoughts, our thinking. If we change our thinking, we will change our lives.
It is important to have a Success and Wealthy Mindset in order for us to achieve any kind of financial success, because success starts with our thinking.
One thing that I learnt over the years in delivering property and financial education workshops is that a lot of people want to be financially successful, but very few know what they are going to do with the money once it comes into their lives.
A wealth coach told me a few years ago, he said that unless you have ‘200 reasons’ why you want to be financially free, it is never going to happen to you. Why, because Clarity is Power. There is something powerful that happens once we are clear about our dreams, clear about goals and clear about the reasons why we want to be financially successful. When we are clear about these things, we start attracting it into our lives. After I learnt about the ‘200 reasons’ concept, I was so determined to put my ‘200 reasons’ in place and today I have over ‘200 reasons’ why I do what I am doing because I have big dreams and big goals!
So how you need to approach your ‘200 reasons’ is by asking, if money was not a limitation in your life today, what would your life look like. Think of all the things that you would want to have, do, share and start approaching it from this understanding.
I do however believe that once the ‘200 reasons’ are in place, it is equally important to review these reasons on a regular basis. These ‘200 reasons’ form part of our thinking and has we think about these things often, our lives will eventually move in the direction of our most dominant thoughts!
There is Power in Repetition and Faith comes by hearing and hearing the message. The more we hear it, the more we believe it and what the heart is full of the mouth speaks and we will always eat the fruit of lips, which means we will have what we say.
So, I ask those of you who are pursuing a life towards financial success and wealth creation the following questions:
- How much money do you want to create? Think of a real figure- a number you can see in your mind
- What are you going to do with this money? What’s the Purpose of it and why is it so important to you? (This answer should include your ‘200 reasons’)
- What assets or skills do you have? What can you bring to the marketplace? It needs to be something of value. What are you willing to exchange to have this money?
- What training do you need to receive in order to improve your knowledge base and/or skillset in particular investment strategies?
- What are your Dreams and your Goals? Do you have a Dream wall in place? Are your long-term, medium-term and short-term goals clearly defined?
- Do you have a Plan in place to achieve your goals and are you actively implementing this Plan and pursuing your Dreams and goals?
In answering these questions, you will find your Path to Freedom and Purpose!