In listening to a Christian teaching on planning by the late Dr Myles Munroe, I compiled the below Pearls of Wisdom and the greater revelation I received on Planning, Purpose and Vision.
- Planning documents Vision. If you don’t document it, you don’t believe it.
- I’m not impressed with your Vision, let me see your Plan.
- When you document it and share it, now others can believe it and run with it, now everything that is in your heart is now in their hearts.
- A Plan is a captured Vision. Without a Plan there is no goal control.
- Planning = Faith
- What is Faith according to the Bible?
Hebrews 11: 1- KJV
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”.
- Our Plan becomes that substance.
James 2:17- NKJV
“Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead”.
- Faith without works is dead and if it is dead, it = failure
- I am sure many of you have heard the saying, “Failing to Plan, is Planning to Fail”! Planning is therefore also the action/the works of our Faith, confirming that we believe in our Vision.
- If we want to be successful in life, we need to become Planners!
- If you do not have a Plan you cannot change it. You can’t change what you don’t have.
- You can change a Plan, but you can’t change your Purpose. Your Plan can always be modified and enhanced, but your Purpose will always remain.
“The LORD will fulfill [his purpose] for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever– do not abandon the works of your hands”.
- Purpose is your Destiny, you were born with it and it is directly from God! It answers the Why? The main reason for us wanting to achieve our heart’s Visions and goals.
- Make your Purpose permanent in your mind, even if your plans don’t work out. Just rework your plans. You haven’t failed. Your Purpose remains permanent and will never change.
Romans 11:29- ESV
“For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable”.
- Very few people spend time working on their Vision
- What is Vision? It describes a desired future position.
- A planner will always be promoted because he/she is a visionary. A visionary is a self-motivated person and can see their desired future position.
- In your career, if you want to be promoted, solve a problem for your manager and put a plan together on how you plan to solve it and work the plan, until you have achieved the goal.
- A plan is also a documented desire.
Proverbs 16:1-3 NIV
16 To humans belong the plans of the heart but from the Lord comes the proper answer of the tongue.
2 All a person’s ways seem pure to them, but motives are weighed by the Lord.
3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.
- We are responsible for putting the Plan together, how it is going to be done comes from God. Don’t be afraid of how much it is going to cost you, God will bring it to pass.
What do you see today? What is that Dream that won’t leave you alone, that building, that school, that business you see, that family, that husband/wife, that child. Your job is to focus on writing the Plan down and God will explain to you how it will be done, as you seek Him. He will establish our steps.
God’s Plans are always committed to helping people become better through the Purpose He has birthed in our hearts! Our Purpose is always connected to helping others, if it is from God.
Be blessed in your planning, as you work towards achieving your goals and ultimately your God-given Purpose!