Yesterday I went through an experience where I was questioning a few things about a very important project that I have been working on, wondering if it is good enough and if I am good enough and as a result started doubting my abilities and my giftings.
But thank God for a wise and wonderful husband. I shared my dilemma with him, he quickly made me realise that I am good enough and that if I am comfortable with the work that I’ve delivered then I should not let anyone’s opinions of me bring me down. He said people will always have opinions…and I’ll never be able to please everyone…but what matters at the end of the day is that I believe in myself, in my work, in my abilities and in my giftings.
It’s amazing how someone’s negative perceptions of us, can sometimes quickly get us off course, whether their intentions were malicious or not. So this was just another reminder for me of the below:
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Surround yourself with people who believe in you and in your giftings
- Don’t allow people’s opinions of you to get you off track, stay focused on your journey
- Spend time alone reflecting and reminding yourself that you are worth it!
- Love yourself, always!
- Know what God’s Word says about who you are, and
- Embrace all of You!