I spent some time reflecting and looking back on my entrepreneurial journey and realized that it has not been an easy journey, but it has brought about so much fulfilment and purpose to my life.
I’ve been stretched in ways I never thought was possible, such as emotionally, mentally, financially, physically and spiritually.
I’ve made so many mistakes, some unknowingly and some because of lack of knowledge and yet in the midst of it all, God has remained faithful, helping me and carrying me every step of the way.
I’m so grateful for the many opportunities He has brought across my path and continues to bring.
I’ve learnt and have grown in character and as an entrepreneur!
I want to share some of my insights with you, as far as starting out in business is concerned:
- Don’t procrastinate- when you feel that knock on your entrepreneurial heart, don’t be afraid to open the door. I believe being an entrepreneur is a Calling and you shouldn’t be afraid to embrace your calling! If you put your trust in God, He is not going to disappoint you. Develop faith instead of fear. Don’t be afraid to pursue your dreams!
- Start small. DO NOT DESPISE THE DAY OF HUMBLE BEGINNINGS. Manage your costs from the beginning.
- Prepare, Prepare, Prepare! Start your business plan and work on it consistently and diligently.
- Equip yourself . INVEST IN YOU. Know your strengths and weaknesses and continuously work on improving your knowledge base and skillset required for your business model! Work on becoming the expert in your field.
- Renew your mindset daily. Spend time in God’s Word and pay attention to what He is telling you about yourself, your business, your health and every other area in your life. Spend time reading, developing yourself and staying up to date in terms of what’s happening in your industry and economy and what impact this has on your business. And be proactive in making the necessary adjustments where required.
There is more that I can share, but I will stop here for today.